Thursday, November 9, 2017

New Review! The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater 3 Cranky Stars

The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 Cranky Stars


This book came highly recommended to me and when it went on sale, I grabbed it.


Blue is the daughter of a seer and comes from a long line of mediums. For some reason, she's never manifested and cannot see the ghosts all the other members of her family can. Blue has a warning attached to her about her true love, which is not very comforting.


On the Eve of St. Mark's Day, Blue actually sees a spirit and the ill-fated warnings about her true love start to become reality.


I think this is a case of it's me and not the author. I didn't connect to the writing style, although I did love the premise. It felt at times that all the characters were talking at once in a jumble and it became a "crowded" reading experience for me. I actually like books with big casts, but prefer who's speaking is clearly indicated.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home