Tuesday, September 12, 2017

New Review! Boomerang Boyfriend by Chris Cannon 3 Cranky Stars

Boomerang BoyfriendBoomerang Boyfriend by Chris Cannon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 Cranky Stars


The synopsis of this story sounded so promising and I was genuinely excited. Sadly for me the book feel flat and that made me sad.


Delia is a high school senior who is kind of the stand out girl with her pink hair and flambouyant artsy attitude. She takes up an after school job being the pie princess at the local diner to fund her art supply habit. She spends most of her time at her friend Zoes house since her parents are absent and always working. They give her a sense of home and belonging and so Jack is a constant in her life. A constant pain the rear end. Things start to shift for Delia and she starts to take notice of him when they are thrust together for an art class.


Jack is feeling adrift in life since a tragedy that bestowed his family leaving him the man of the house. Living in a house full of women including Delias every day visits he just feels the need for alone time. The diner is his one reprieve from his life and one day he looks up to see a new pie princess working the dessert counter. The one and only Delia. Now he truly can't escape her. He starts to look at her in a different light and it's not something that makes him entirely happy.


Sigh. I wanted to like this book I truly truly did but it didn't work that way. Their dialogue was almost childish, stilted and not very teenage like. I guess Delias need for someone to be her boyfriend stemmed from her parents constantly leaving her alone in favor of work but then again she is a teenager . There wasn't much character development for me. I felt this story had so much potential had Delia and Jack grew along the way in other ways besides seeing each other in a different light. I don't want my review to deter anyone from reading this and maybe just maybe you'll see some positives in it.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home