Wednesday, May 3, 2017

New Review! Uncovered by Emily Snow, 3 Cranky Stars

Uncovered: Book 1Uncovered: Book 1 by Emily Snow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



*** 3 Cranky Stars ***

It starts with a a phone call and a mystery voice: "Everything you know about your story - your father's story - is a lie".



Gemma Emerson's life is turned upside down. Disinherited and working on the shadier side of life, Gemma is haunted by the phone call.



She infiltrates her way into the life of her stepmother's company, the one founded by her father, under a false identity. Her stepmother didn't know her, but had no problem extricating Gemma from her life without a penny.



The hunt is on to uncover the truth, but there's one obstacle. His name is Oliver Manning. He's her stepbrother.



This is a short, quick read. The opening drew me in, but then it floundered. I was hoping for more romantic suspense and uncovering of evidence to keep me intrigued. Instead, the book diverted into Gemma's lust for Oliver.



The book ends on a cliffhanger and I have to say, it was a pretty predictable one. In saying that, I think there is potential for it to develop into an interesting series.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home