Sunday, April 9, 2017

New Review! Unwilling by K.D. Wood, 5 Cranky Stars

Unwilling (Unwilling #1)Unwilling by K.D. Wood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

“Unwilling” was a surprise read for me. I knew nothing about the book or the author until I attended a writer’s conference. Wood spoke so passionately about her book, I just had to read it. I was rewarded greatly.



This beautiful written story was like a modern version of “Beauty and the Beast” meets “Alice in Wonderland”. The tale she spun was so creative and intriguing.



Hayden was my favorite character. He was a loyal best friend and even better boyfriend. Aunt Gee Gee, another favorite, was the embodiment of Southern charm—full of wisdom and spunk. She’d put you in your place faster than you could blink your eyes.



The character of Andrew left me on the fence. His personality was revealed slowly. By the story’s end, I still had formed an opinion about him.



One character I was definitely against was Neely. I was sympathetic in the beginning, but then she did a total 360 in attitude. Neely needed Aunt Gee Gee to put her in her place.



Wood has an awesome way with words. She can really turn a Southern phrase. ‘Holy Moses’, ‘yacked it back up’, and ‘What’re you, a disobedient puppy piddling on the rug?’ were some of my favorites. Wood handles words in such a way that readers get a real sense of the emotion behind them. You get a good image of each character.



Wood gives the reader some great vivid dream sequences. Not once did they detract from the story. Instead, each one enhanced the tale and gave me a real understanding of what was going on.



Overall, this was a fantastic story. It kept me turning the pages and grabbed my heart strings. It will test your patience, but in the end, you’ll love it.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home