Wednesday, March 1, 2017

New Review! Silk and Shadows by Mary Jo Putney, 3 Cranky Stars

Silk and Shadows (Silk Trilogy, #1)Silk and Shadows by Mary Jo Putney
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Peregrine, a wanderer and a man of mystery, comes to London for revenge on a man who destroyed his life. Stylizing himself as a Prince, Peregrine enlists the help of an old friend, Ross Carlisle, to introduce him in society.



Lady Sara St. James, Ross's cousin, meets Peregrine and is immediately intrigued by him. Sara is sheltered and cosseted. She's done everything correct - as a proper lady should, yet Peregrine's wildness begins to rub off on her.



The only problems: Sara's betrothed and her fiance is who Peregrine has come to destroy.



A bodice-ripping historical romance, this was an interesting read. Some of it was overly dramatic and at times, it felt like a morality lesson. There's a continuity issue in the book, but not a major one. Just enough to make me recheck to make sure.



There is also some wonderful information here about parts of the world that I didn't know about and now have been researching for more.



In saying that, there's a scene in here that was uncomfortable. Other readers have commented on it and so I don't need to. All I'll say is if I'd known it was in the book, I wouldn't have read it.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home