Thursday, March 16, 2017

New Review! Flow by Kennedy Ryan, 3.5 Cranky Stars

Flow (Grip, #0.5)Flow by Kennedy Ryan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



*** 3.5 Cranky Stars ***

Flow is the pre-equal to Kennedy Ryan's Grip. I haven't read Grip, although it's been recommended to me and I thought I'd start with this one.



Grip is a poet-rapper and Bristol is the twin sister of Rhyson, Grips's best friend. Rhyson and Bristol have a contentious family history and on the day Bristol comes to see her brother, he's unavailable and sends Grip in his stead.



Here begins a meeting of two very different people who challenge one another - from world view to attraction.



There are some lovely lines in this book. Kennedy Ryan is mesmerizing when depicting two people falling in love. I was gripped (pun intended) until about forty percent in the book. I can't put my finger on it, but the book went off the boil to me.



Maybe it was Bristol's internal monologue as victim, which extended on for some time. I found myself picking up and putting down the book - hoping that it would progress.



Progress it did. It picked back up at the 75 percent mark and then I was compelled to finish it as a number of loose threads tightened around our two leads.



I can tell this is the start of an epic and tumultuous love story, but I found Grip more interesting than Bristol. I longed to know more about him and looked forward to him appearing on the page.



I look forward to seeing how these two progress in future works.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home