Thursday, January 12, 2017

New Review! Hunting for Spring by Katherine McIntyre 4 Stars

Hunting for SpringHunting for Spring by Katherine McIntyre
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 cranky stars



In West Philadelphia born and raised hunting sluagh and fae is where Conor spent most of his days.....Ok in all seriousness this was a good paranormal story.



Conor Malone was a mythical being hunter. Born and raised to wield knives and use iron against the fae was his only purpose in life. Raised by his father Patrick Malone who was rather rough and tumble and callous. He raised his son and his best friends son Liam with one purpose that all fae are evil no matter what they do. Conor seemed to be in touch with his emotions and thought he only had to take down those who are harming people and the city around them. While Liam and Patrick had a more personal vendetta.




One day Conor meets the beautiful Brenna. Her raven hair and snarky attitude draw him in. He also learns some secrets about Brenna that goes against all the family code. Someone is kidnapping residents and they come together to solve this mystery. They clash but learn there is a traitor in the mix and decisions must be made.



This book was a good paranormal story at its core. Lots of mythical beings and spells and chants. The author truly knows her lore and at times creeped me out.



The book also gave me some laughs and in the midst of all the madness there was a love story. Which brings me to my one issue with this book was the sex scene. It felt like it was disjointed. Things truly happened out of sequence and made me go back to make sure I read it right. It seemed like an afterthought. I personally felt it could have been left out. All in all this was a good book and I can't wait to see where this story goes.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home