Sunday, October 16, 2016

New Review! Ring Rider by Jane George, 3.5 Cranky Stars


Ring Rider (The Enchanted Circus of Jules Compere, #1)Ring Rider by Jane George
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



**** 3.5 Stars ****

Evan, a teenage foster care runaway, finds herself face to face with an offer that may be too good to be true. From Chapter 1, I was rooting for her. I felt her struggle and wanted her to find her future in the one-ring circus. If you've never felt out of place, like she did, I'm sure you knew someone just like her.



The story follows Evan as she tries to find her place in a weird, slightly creepy circus. She meets some interesting characters (is that someone dressed up as a bear...or...) and falls into the truck of a gothic, poetry loving cook. The performers really got to me, I started wanting to know where they came from and how they ended up with Jules Compere. Jules himself, is a dashing, suave Ringmaster that I really need a backstory and book about. He was THE one I wanted to read about, the entire time.



Everyone has different views on the struggling circus, but I was hoping they would come together and save it. However, some circus members aren't as they seem, and don't have Circus Lunastrata's best interest in their hearts. Drama, backstabbing, and risky mayhem ensues, dragging Evan away. It was nice to see some of her friends come together, but that part of the story was a bit confusing and a tad difficult to string together.



Overall, it was nice to get tangled up in the enchanted and mystical world of calliopes, prophets and big tops. Some of the lingo took some getting used too (I did have to google a few words), but it didn't take away from the story, at all!




View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home