Thursday, October 6, 2016

New Review! Prude by Jordan S Gray, 5 Cranky Stars

Prude (Labeled Book 1)Prude by Jordan S. Gray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

Found another gem! This book is so good I finished it in one sitting. I can’t believe it’s a debut novel.



The story follows Rebecca after she had been so publicly dumped by her boyfriend, Sean. Ok, so break ups happen every day, no biggie. But if you’re socially awkward and painfully shy like Rebecca, it is a catastrophe.



To make matters worse, her tongue has a bad habit of spitting out verbal diarrhoea when she’s nervous...which was exactly what happened when Derek approached her right after THE breakup.



Suffice to say, their first meeting wasn’t great. As well as finding out that they shared a class in University and had been assigned as partners in a Lit project. If it was up to Rebecca, she would send this hot, uber cool and extremely confident guy off to the other end of the world but she needed him to maintain her perfect GPA.



Trying to heal a broken heart, keeping track of her academic records, participating in her friends’ social activities and dodging the advances of a guy completely out of her league was just too much for a girl to handle. Thankfully, she had awesome friends in Shayler and Ansley, the best girlfriends a person can have.



I found myself laughing, cringing and falling absolutely in love with this book. I identified with Rebecca straight-away. She was me when I was younger: socially awkward, eager to please and a prude. Boy, I wish I had met a Derek back then so he could get me to loosen up and enjoy life.



There is no great dilemma in this book, no complicated twists, no heart-breaking drama (well, just a bit) and no cliff-hanger. It’s just one solid love story that will creep up on you, grab hold of your attention until you find yourself completely and totally enamoured with Rebecca and Derek.



I can’t gush over it enough. You would be missing out if you don’t pick up this one!


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home