Wednesday, October 19, 2016

New Review! The Promise by Melody Grace, 4.5 Cranky Stars


The PromiseThe Promise by Melody Grace
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



**** 4.5 stars ****

A day and half is how long it took me to read this. It went from too much flowery prose and metaphors as well as over explaining to that peak where my heart broke. The heart isn't meant to take that much emotion, but mine did.



Claire was a small town sheltered girl who one day up and left her family home. She went to cross off things on her best friend, Hope's, bucket list who had passed from cancer a few months prior.



She picked Cambridge and the areas surrounding Harvard for her new adventure. Along the way, she meets Theo, a TA, at Harvard. They connect and fall in love. Yet, that love comes at a price. They experience ups and downs and he helps her cross things off that list - helps her live again.



It's sad and that's all I'm going to say. I won't give much away, but I feel I can give you that much. This book plays the heart like an instrument. Makes you wonder what you would do for love for one more day or one more month with someone. It also makes you look at how you would go honor a memory - something some of us never really do.



The only reason I didn't give it a solid 5, despite it being a good book, was I felt at times it was forced. Like, it was trying too hard to be different and edgy with all the metaphors etc. Still, it's a good book that will evoke some cleansing and thought provoking emotions.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home