Thursday, September 15, 2016

New Review! Forget Me Not by Angela Parkhurst, 5 Cranky Stars

Forget Me Not (Forgotten Fairytales, #2)Forget Me Not by Angela Parkhurst
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



**** 5 Cranky Stars ****


The evil fairy godmother is gone, Cinderella is locked up in prison and awaiting trial for her bad deeds, the boarding school’s caste system had broken allowing heroes to mingle with villains and sidekicks, April is thriving in her new school and Wolf is still madly in love with Norah.



Life couldn’t be better for this unwilling part-princess, part-hero character I had fallen in love with in Forgotten Fairytales. It seemed that everything had finally settled down in favour of Norah’s HEA. One of her teachers was even encouraging her to train and develop her skills. Even her circle of friends is growing and she found a true friend in Kate.



And Wolf...sigh.



Then new students started arriving after a fire destroyed another magical school forcing them to send their students to other neighbouring schools. Two students stood out in particular to Norah. One is the sea witch called Venessa who was making a play for Wolf’s affections, and the other was Jaxson, aka Robinhood, who was assigned to help Norah master archery.



To complicate matters even more, Norah started getting weird dreams from about a girl who was her doppelganger and was sending her cryptic messages.



Trouble in paradise came in full force. Lies and secrets created a wedge between Wolf and Norah while feelings started blossoming for Jaxson. Kate was in trouble and needed Norah’s support even more. While Norah’s dad finally crumbled under the power of the council.



Book 2 did not disappoint!



If I thought book 1 was good, Forget Me Not is even better! Drama, action, suspense and romance all crammed in this little book. Like before, I connected with Norah straight-away. I felt I was there with her all the way through the sweet times, adrenaline rush, nerve-wracking moments as well as the heartache. Like Norah, I clung to my love and hoped it would survive. But the times were bleak and sacrifices needed to be done.



My heart broke.



I’m not a fan of love stories that jump into a new love interest without even letting the dust settle down. Thankfully, that wasn’t the case in Forget Me Not. Yes, a new love interest presented itself but Norah didn’t jump from one pair of arms to another. Still I clung to the hope that my heart would be mended only to find it shattering to millions of tiny pieces in the end.



Thank you Ms Parkhurst for these beautiful tales. I’ll be waiting for next instalment and continue my journey with Norah.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home