Friday, August 19, 2016

New Review! Six by K.I. Lynn, 2 Cranky Stars

SixSix by K.I. Lynn
My rating: 2 of 5 stars



** 2 Cranky Stars **

An author I follow once described picking up books as like going on a blind date. If this were a blind date, it would be the date from hell. It’s the date where you think there might be some hot stuff, but it ends up being as titillating as towel drying your lady parts with sandpaper.



I read this whole book hoping Paisley would get some self-respect and shoot Six in the face. She didn’t. I was seriously disappointed.



So, I read a rape as a romance book – not my fave. Yep. I take full responsibility. The warning mentioned Stockholm syndrome and dark romance, but I was totally unprepared for what occurred.



I did finish it. My only explanation is it ended up as a hate read. But, I digress, and to be fair, that was more self-analysis and scrutiny of actions than the two leads combined.



In terms of writing, the book was solid and pretty well constructed. Although, it did have a penchant for repeating thematics (and I’m not talking about the continuous raping and the main female lead questioning her sanity. It’s okay, honey. I was right there with you), but the constant reminder that Paisley was “this” far away from death at the hands of Six. This happened on nearly every chapter. It was the hook sentence and it was overcooked.



All in all, this is a big no from me.







View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home