Monday, August 8, 2016

New Review! Chasing Rainbows by Linda Oaks, 5 Cranky Stars

Chasing Rainbows (The Chasing Series Book 1)Chasing Rainbows by Linda Oaks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

**** 5 Cranky Stars ****



When you find yourself a good book, you just consume it in a matter of hours. That was what happened with me reading Chasing Rainbows by Linda Oaks.

This is Addie's story. Her life completely changed when she lost her older sister to an accident. Her parents couldn't cope with the loss and was unable to support her deal with her grief. The coping mechanisms she stumbled into prevented her from losing it but spiralled her into a completely different path that quickly turned into self-destruction.



Mental health issue is such a touchy subject to tackle since most people are just not that well-informed so they react negatively towards it. I applaud Linda Oaks for managing to convey an honest view about mental health problems and also by giving an accurate description of a troubled young woman.



The emotions in the story were so raw, I felt like I was sharing them with the characters rather than being a mere spectator. Addie’s pain was so tangible I ached for her throughout the book.



Thankfully though, it’s not all about hardship. Addie was blessed to be surrounded by true friends
who stood by her during her darkest hour.



...and Jake.



At first, I was resistant to the budding romance between Addie and Jake. I felt it was too soon after everything that happened. But when true love comes knocking on your door, the only thing you can do is to let it in.



I finished the book with a contented smile on my face and a light-hearted feeling one only gets from reading a well-written book. Highly recommended.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home