Monday, June 27, 2016

New Review! Sword Chronicles by Michaelbrent Collings, 5 Cranky Stars

The Sword Chronicles: Child of the EmpireThe Sword Chronicles: Child of the Empire by Michaelbrent Collings
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I was asked to read this book for The Twisted Book Curmudgeon. All I can say is this is a five star book. If you are looking for a great fantasy book to read this is it.



The author takes you on a journey of the rebirth of the main character, who has no name in the beginning. She is a strong, young girl who lives in a world where "kill or be killed" is the norm.



From her lowly beginnings as a "dog", which is a sort of gladiator who must fight to the death as entertainment for the masses, she becomes a talented warrior and is given the name " Sword." All the while she dreams of a man and woman who once loved her.

The twists and turns and action in this plot made it impossible to put down. The lines between good and evil are blurred with each character Sword encounters. Who are the good guys and who are the bad is really questionable.



There is no real evil in the story. It seems the characters believe their motives are pure. The plot moves quickly and flows seamlessly - a pure joy to read.



Written for young adult reads I would say about sixth grade and up based on the sophisticated plot twists and inference used in this story. I really think adults would enjoy this book as well.



Throughout the book, I found myself intrigued by Sword and her adventures. Unlike many series, the story ends with so much explained. Yet, there is so much more I really want to know. I love when a book stays on your mind and you can't wait to read more.



I am so looking forward to the next book.

With thanks to Lilac Reviews

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home