Saturday, April 23, 2016

New Review! Soultakers by Christina L. Rozelle, 5 Cranky Stars



I was very excited to read this second installment to Treemakers after thoroughly enjoying the first one.

It started with the adventurers’ new life at Zentao and Joy’s dilemma about keeping secrets from her friends. A brief narrative to refresh readers up-to-date with previous events which was quite expected. Then as I was getting settled into the story…BHAM!!! It took off and sent my beloved characters into turmoil after turmoil.

If that wasn’t bad enough, the plot suddenly flipped me upside down making me wonder what the heck just happened and kept me in the dark with Joy for several chapters. It felt like a roller coaster ride that was intent on scaring the life out of me as it took me to such highs just to plummet downhill and twist me around in a loop-de-loop. Just when I thought the ride would come to a gentle stop, it suddenly moves me backwards and forces me to experience the thrill in reverse.

Man, it’s that good!

As with the first book, we lost a few loved souls which made my heart ache. Yet we gained new characters who made my heart break. Seriously, this author is intent on making my heart bleed!
What’s so good is that we get answers to the previous story’s puzzles. What’s so bad is that the answers opened up even more puzzles and made me long for book 3 to be in my hands NOW. However, Ms Rozelle tied up the story in a nice little bow rather than leaving me frustrated with unresolved conflicts in the end unlike some book series tend to do.

I could actually tell you more details about the story itself but that would take the excitement of discovery from you. I’ll let Ms Rozelle do that in her spectacular way.
If you haven’t grabbed your copy or started the series, you’d better start reading now and be prepared to get your mind blown-away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home